What is Alpha Gamma Rho?
Alpha Gamma Rho is a national fraternity with 71 different chapters around the country. We are the Premier Ag Fraternity at The Ohio State University.
The fraternity has deep roots in agriculture and was established in 1904 here at The Ohio State University. Alpha Gamma Rho became a national fraternity in 1908 when Delta Rho Sigma and Alpha Gamma Rho merged into the national fraternity that it is today.
Do I have to have an ag-based major to join?
The answer is no. Currently there are engineering, business, finance, political science, journalism, pre-law and agricultural majors.
Joining Alpha Gamma Rho means becoming part of something larger and becoming a member of a brotherhood where everyone looks out for one another.
Alpha Gamma Rho is celebrating over 25 years of our no hazing, no pledging policy celebrated around the nation. Once you join, you’re are a full-fledged, equal standing brother.
Today, many Alpha Gamma Rho alumni hold high positions in industry making for a large networking system that consists of over 900 living alumni from Beta Chapter at Ohio State.
Alpha Gamma Rho Values
- Consistently perform as a professional, integrity-driven, world-class organization committed to the highest of standards and driven to recruit men of the highest potential
- Always present a positive image of Alpha Gamma Rho in everything we say or do
- Inspire a pursuit of academic excellence among all our members
- Encourage lifelong involvement in the colleges and universities we call home
- Foster lifelong personal development through innovative educational, leadership and social opportunities
- Engage all brothers in professional development, promoting lifelong career success
- Attract members representing the breadth, sophistication, scope and relevance of agriculture
- Reflect, value and advocate diversity in our membership and professional lives
- Ensure sound financial management and responsibility individually and at all levels of the Fraternity
- Enthusiastically recognize and reward accomplishments consistent with our Promise and Values